Thursday, October 04, 2012

Fall Must-Have #6: The Leopard Print Coat


1/2

Oh yes,  I know leopard can be polarizing in both the worlds of fashion and decor...... folks either love it or hate it.  My stance has always been that I love it in small doses and when "done right".   In fashion, I've never been tempted to go beyond a simple clutch, scarf or ballet flats.......that is, until I laid my eyes on these two leopard print coats......




I'm always on the look-out for pieces that I can picture myself wearing 10 years from now and, surprisingly, these qualify...... their simple, yet tailored silhouettes make them the perfect "accessory" to amp up all the camel, black and cream colored basics in my wardrobe.... the little black dress, black cigarette pants, jeans, simple tees and sweaters.  

The Zara one is heading my way....




10 comments:

  1. I just went for leopard shoes but not sure I can take the plunge for a coat. The Zara one is nice though. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I can make the coat plunge either, but I do like that one from Emerson. Hmmmm. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things I started out unsure about and end up obsessed with (like oxfords!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! My mother just called after reading my post and said "I think you can pull that off"...... which means I'm definitely pushing the limits on my usual choices.... I'll let you know how it goes! :)

      Delete
  3. You have to post a picture of you wearing this when it arrives. I am sure you can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you will look smashing! I love leopard print. When done right it looks so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to LOVE it! I bought one last year end of season, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and for your girls....

    http://www.pinkchicken.com/product_p/pcfw12o478a.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. The super stylish principal at my son's elementary school has a leopard trench coat, similar to #2 above....and I always compliment her when she wears it. LOVE!

    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got this leopard Pea Coat by Milly. (at 30% discount)
    Do I keep it??? Input please!!!

    http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=Milly-Double-Breasted-Leopard-Print-Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked it out and I love it.... especially paired with all black or jeans. The one I purchased from Zara has become a staple in my wardrobe this fall.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing!