Thursday, April 10, 2014

Art

Most of the art around my house these days is of the glue stick, crayon, finger paint variety.... or a growing collection of simple watercolors my oldest daughter and I are working on...  And, while  I adore and greatly treasure our amateur "masterpieces";  I long to one day own some "big girl" art..... like an original of one of these T.S. Harris paintings.





There's something about this vintage inspired; simple yet bold style that I'm always drawn too.  In fact, when I spotted a sampling of these on One Kings Lane yesterday; my mind immediately went back 12 whole years to the Kenton Nelson paintings of a similar genre featured in the perennial favorite "Somethings Gotta Give" movie.  While everyone else seemed to be obsessing about the kitchen or the dining room... I couldn't stop thinking about the foyer... and the painting hanging above the red cabinet.

I think it's a sign.... a sign I need to start saving my pennies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!