Thursday, June 19, 2014

Summer Staples: In the Kitchen



One of my favorite things about summertime is the impromptu gatherings of friends when the weather warms, schedules loosen and the light-filled evenings seem to go on forever.  Here's my standard line-up of staples that you can nearly always find in my kitchen this time of year.... allowing me to throw together simple snacks or a no-fuss, laid back tapas style meal in no time...


Tomatoes
Baguette
Olives
Balsamic Reduction - for caprese salad or as a topping over the vanilla ice cream with strawberries
Vanilla Ice Cream
Rose Wine
Rotisserie Chicken
Herb Covered Goat Cheese
Mozzarella

Other favorite add ons:  Strong Cheddar, Hummus, individual sized pastries and fresh fruit

Ulterior Motive:  I don't even have to turn the oven on. :)

3 comments:

  1. yum! my favorite kind of food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie PorterJune 21, 2014

    I am all about the Rose this summer. Try the Francis Coppola Sofia Rose - it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great assortment of yummy treats for summer!
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!